Sofia’s Tips and Recommendations for Juicing
Freshly squeezed juices have been enriching my healthy diet for quite some time now, and in this post I answer eight frequently asked questions about juicing. Among other things, you’ll learn about the benefits of juicing, what you should consider when making and consuming fresh juices, and which juicer I recommend.
To get the full potential out of your freshly squeezed juices, I have the following tips for you:
- make sure you have a high vegetable content and always integrate green leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale or herbs such as parsley.
- integrate fruit for a natural sweetness, e.g. apple or orange – but the fruit content should not predominate and should be about 20-30%.
- ingredients containing vitamin C (e.g. citrus fruits) not only provide a fresh taste, but also promote the absorption of minerals such as iron (e.g. abundantly contained in beet or spinach).
- if you do not combine the juice with a fatty meal, feel free to add a few drops of a high-quality oil such as linseed oil, as the fat source ensures better absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- alternate regularly with the ingredients and do not always take the same varieties. Because the greater the variety of ingredients chosen, the wider the range of nutrients.
- drink the juice preferably with a straw to protect your teeth from the fruit acid contained.
- juices are not drinks to quench thirst, please drink slowly!